Nurses have been involved in building our organization from the ground up -- from the physical structure of our new building to our principles and practices of care. It's one of the reasons why Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare continues to be a leader in quality patient-centered care and why we are a preferred employer for nurses and healthcare professionals in the Chicagoland area.
Our nurses practice within a shared governance structure, which allows them to actively participate in the decision that impact nursing and the ways in which we deliver care every day. We are also making significant strides in becoming a Magnet-designated hospital.
As a nurse at Elmhurst, no matter who you are, you will play and important role in all of this.
At Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare, nurses are empowered to be leaders at the patient's bedside.
- We value our nurses and the expertise that they bring to the patient-care team.
- We believe in relationship-based care and encourage our nurses to determine best care practices.
- Our professional practice model focuses on developing our nurses' interpersonal, critical thinking and technical skills in order to help them develop as patient-care leaders.
- We believe that it is equally as important to provide a healthy environment and resources to our nursing staff as it is to provide those elements to our patients. Nursing pods that encourage small-group communication between a patient's care team, private spaces for documentation and locating necessary supplies near patient rooms are ways that we make sure our nurses have what they need to provide optimal care to their patients.
- To support your personal and professional interests, Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare uses BidShift, an Internet-based staff-scheduling program, to fill open shifts. BidShift provides our staff with flexibility and control over their schedules by allowing them to request any open shifts for which they qualify across the entire organization.